Monday, January 23, 2006
The Curse of The Cursor (Curser?)
I had a dream last night, bad one. I met the much-scared, Honorable Duke of Linguist in my Java script template.

Who are you?
I am Cekmi, a freewriter.

You are?
Yes, I am.

Okay Cekmi, define ‘writer’.
Someone who writes.

Okay, so what is ‘write’?
Ehem, according to my Oxford Learner’s Pocket Dictionary, ‘write’ is ‘to mark letters or other symbols on a surface especially with a pen or pencil.’

So, what are you doing now in this blog?
Of course, I am wri…..

Gotcha!
Wait Mr Duke! I know that I am not using my longhand and those traditional modes of actually using pens or lead pencils to physically, traditionally put my thoughts on paper. But literally, I am 100% sure that I am truly a writer.

You see Cekmi, you have been so subtly cursed by the illusion of the cursor you are playing now with your goddamn machine. You think you own a blog you can consider yourself a writer, hah?
*tongue-tied*

And you are sooooo damn sure that you have processed your words and thoughts here all by yourself. And you have a gut to claim that you are so gifted with your classy intuition. But you know what my dear Cekmi?
Yes Mr Duke.

To tell you the truth, those things never work for you. It is your word processor.
What?

Yes, your word processor has been a modern ‘phantom’ that processes, edits, and inspires most of the words you produce in this blog. You are so hooked with this machine for so long you do not seem to notice this at all.
No way! *Chuckle*

My darling, you should sometimes appreciate the art of handwriting. There is something quite special about this. Look at those children of ‘calligraphic cultures’ who regard the art of writing and calligraphy as ‘sacred’!
Hello Mr Duke! I am not doing any calligraphy bullshit here. This is my blog. I write as I please. I am a freewriter.

Listen very carefully young man! You are not a freewriter!!!
Then, who am I?

You are a freetypist! Huahahahaha!!!

*woke up from the dream*

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 10:34 AM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter