Monday, February 27, 2006
THE Weekend
I had not experienced such a great weekend for so long I almost forgot how to spend it in a lazy-fun way. My weekends are usually mundane, filled with delayed unfinished businesses, stucked alone in my own world and isolated from a social life. So, when Jimi and Aye visited me two days ago, I had never expected that it would turn out so pleasantly hedonistic.

The real reason for their visit was to watch a matinee show of Puteri Gunung Ledang The Musical on Sunday (the second time for me!). But before doing that, we did quite a number of wonderful stuffs – cooking (gulai lemak telur which accidentally turned into scramble eggs), watching amazing DVDs back to back (Brokeback Mountain, Transamerica, Bukak Api, Just Like Heaven), going karaokeing (Aye sang 21 ‘ambitious’ songs), lepaking mindlessly at a mamak stall till 4pm – all were perfect grounds for me to appreciate the blessing of friendship (Aye, you might be a jijik loudmouth, but that's the mark of unforgettable hilarity).

The climax of our hedonistic activities was watching PGLTM. Seated in the second front row with a crystal-clear view of beautiful lips of Tiara Jacquelina singing melodious songs, we were acting like wild children, excited and cheered at dancer’s mesmerising moves, musician’s live intoxicating music, and choir’s harmonious voices. With my friends’ presence, I shared the passionate love of music so unbelievably it made me exhilarated with thrill and ecstasy.

When they were leaving me back to Ipoh, I felt a sudden craving, the unexpected melancholy, the same feeling I used to feel before taking off on the bas express leaving my parents in Kelantan. Yes, I felt it. Not for my family, but for people called friends. And yes Jimi and Aye, I started to miss all the crazy laughter, nonsensical jokes, wild gossips, all the warmth and comfort we had played around all over the weekend. How I truly missed moments like these. How I crazily missed all the insulting remarks we made for the stupid presenters during Anugerah Bintang Popular (fucking bitch, didn’t they?)

Thank you Jimi and Aye, for your kindnesses, for making my weekend a memorable one. One thing for sure, I think my orange t-shirt really makes a true statement about our lives:

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 1:33 PM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter