Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Ten Reasons Why I Hate My Lecturer
Accepting the fact that life is offering so much imperfection, I am not used to grumbling about it, particularly when it comes to dealing with people you handsomely detest. It is funny that, being a lecturer myself, I am so much uncomfortable with my own lecturer in my master class. Now, I am going to declare war with him, for ten reasons:

1. He gave the course outline few weeks after the semester began
2. He seems to be very playful with time-management (especially classroom punctuality)
3. He teaches as if we know everything what he says (easily put, syok sendiri)
4. His teaching is haphazard (simply put, he blabbers all the time)
5. His instructions for any assignments are vague, confusing and irritatingly mysterious
6. He usually digresses ‘intelligently’ when answering to my simple questions
7. His explanations are lengthy and hardly down-to-earth
8. He always asks me to redo the assignments (which means another burden)
9. He sometimes discriminates his students (his ex-students versus fresh ones)
10. He calls only his few favourite students in the classroom (senang cerita, pilih kasih)

Morals of the story:

1. Knowing that I concurrently experience similar sentiments that my students feel in the classroom, I am hoping that I won’t do those ten things (that my lecturer does to me) to my very own students
2. Realizing that, for some clever reasons, I might be at fault (not my lecturer) and that I can do something to remedy the coldness in my master class, I hope my students will do the same thing – accepting my weaknesses and limitations, and therefore being able to do something clever in the classroom, rather than solely blaming me for all their non-performing behaviours in the classroom
3. Whether we like our lecturer or not, they still hold most of the coursework marks (all we have to do is to learn the art of human relationship)

“Ninety percent of the art of living consists of getting along with people you cannot stand”
~Samuel Goldwin~

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 8:45 AM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter