Tuesday, October 17, 2006
My Lake Tales
Wanna listen to my lake tales? Let me start with this caps-locked statement – LAKES ARE MY SPIRITUAL FRIENDS!

If you want to take my heart away, just take me to any of those man-made lakes around KL, or any other enchanting lake gardens around the world, and my heart would absolutely fly away into the sky, as I am being spelled and possessed by mystifying serenity those lakes would bring to me, those little things that normal human beings would take them for granted. Ok, I heard that. You can laugh at me now and call me a pathetic romanticist, an eccentric nature lover, a freaky environmentalist, or a hopeless lake maniac – I don’t care. But, the fact that my soul and self-beings have somehow been connected with lakes is one crucial aspect that, in many weird ways, describes my persona.

Oh, about the first picture above? Hmm, I just love reading by the lake (so hopelessly romantic, right Jimi?). It's true, I could sit there for long pleasurable hours, reading novels, and sometimes doing nothing, just sitting there stupidly. Looking. Pondering. Imagining. Self-absorbing.

For me, lakes are like fairy-tale bridges to an unfounded land. I could spiritually feel the powerful bond with the still waters, soft breeze, tranquil sensation, and mesmerizing sights, and subconsciously lifting me up there, to the invisible land of mysterious wonders and indescribable beauty. And, amazingly and quite effortlessly, I could find all these whenever I am sitting there all by myself. When I am tumbling down inside and in a dire need for some comfort, I will find my solace and relief there. It is almost therapeutical. They provide soul-healing powers. They heal my inner well-beings whenever I need it. Er, am I being too crazily imaginative? Okay, have a closer look at these pictures. Can you just feel it right now, dear readers?


Okay, never mind if you are not with me. You are not alone. Few weeks ago, when I asked a good friend of mine to break our fast at one of the lakes, he refused and straight away dismissed my idea. “You are too romantic lah, Cekmi!” he said rather sarcastically. Okay, luckily it was hazy at that time, and by the way, who on earth would want to breathe smoky and dirty air? If it wasn’t because of hazy weather, I would go there alone. Right, I may sound over-reactive about artificial lakes, but those lakes have been the devoted suppliers for my constant search for peace of mind.

One thing for sure, I always dream of my own house majestically built next to a beautiful lake, so that every single morning, I could open my little windows from my bedroom and feel the fresh air outside, enjoying the breath-taking sceneries. And in the evenings, I could take pleasure in a relaxing walk around the lake and be immersed into my own happy little world (when I share these little thoughts with a colleague, he always jokes that I should bring along a companion with me – a puppy !)

Whatever you may think of my lake tales now, I am pretty sure that lakes will always be my natural imaginary friends, who smilingly stand there for me. Ready to serve.

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 12:00 PM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter