Thursday, September 14, 2006
Memoirs of a Nokia
It was not Cekmi’s fault. If only I could cry for help, this tragedy would never have happened. But such was not the case, and there I was, I regret to say, lying motionless.

The user’s guide describes me as “a stylish design that flatters your individuality while its intelligent functionality complements your lifestyle in every way.” As if that were not enough appeal, I am also advertised as being “fashioned just for you, if individuality is a part of life.” But I am no longer part of Cekmi’s life because last night, on 14th of September 2006, just three months before my first birthday, a hideous thing happened… I died. There. I could see the possible tragic headline in The Star today: “Nokia Mercilessly Drowned in a Washing Machine.”

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Nokia 3230. Yes, for God’s sake, I am a handphone, a supposedly inanimate thing. But, as you can see now, after I died, I am reincarnated and can, for the first time, speak up for myself.

My master’s name is Cekmi. He is really a good man. He bought me on 24th of December 2005 at Cheras, and since then, he had been taking care of me like a precious baby. He adores me like he adores Siti Nurhaliza. Paid cash RM1200, I then became Cekmi’s priceless asset. He chose me mainly because of my integrated 1.3 megapixel camera with multi-zoom. With this gadget, he used me with passion by expressing himself through panaromic shots and memorable snaps with friends and family.

My Master Cekmi: First Picture taken on 24/12/2005

I am so proud to serve my master. And I am also deeply honored to be part of his blog where he has uploaded a lot of meaningful pictures. Before I died, Cekmi had snapped 1498 pictures. When I was alive, I have been accompanying him through all good and bad times - while he SMSed his best friend Jimi, while he slept at night waiting for me to wake him up in the morning, while he taught English to his students, while he was in his kampong listening to built-in radio in me, while he listened to wonderful MP3 songs in me, while he was on vacation recently using me to snap pictures so intensely, and so much more. Oh, I am definitely going to miss all those beautiful moments with my kind-hearted master.

But last night, he was a little careless. When he wanted to wash his Levi’s jeans, he forgot to take me out of the jean’s front pocket. I wanted to cry, “Wait! Cekmi! Hey! I am in here! Don’t kill me! Are you deaf? Please! Please! Nooooooo…!” But, dead object as I was created to be, I was unbelievably thrown away into a washing machine. And there I was, spinning helplessly together with his favourite jeans, gradually suffocated and drowned. 30 minutes later, when he wanted to SMS his friend Jimi, he frantically looked for me and, aghast, found me in the washing machine. But, he wasn’t panicked. He was so cool. While I was struggling for oxygen, he was unscrewing me so patiently, so humanly, crying for me not to leave him. Oh, how sad he looked at that time! I could not forget his facial expression when he saw me – he was so unbearably in pain it made me suffer even more. I almost died when I saw him kissing me so lovingly.

My master Cekmi, if you were listening to me now, I just wanted to say that I am not angry at you. It was not your fault. You are, after all, a normal human being bound with inevitable imperfections. It was just fated that I should leave this world on that unfortunate night. Indeed, it has been my pleasure to serve you, my beloved master. Remember that I will always love you, even if we are of different kind and nature. So, it’s really true what my Creator has advertised me around the world – Nokia: Connecting People. It has undoubtedly connected me to you, Cekmi.

Now that I have been able to say this, I can see that the bright light is coming towards me now. Yes, it is time for me to pass over, just like those dead people in “The Ghost Whisperer”. I have to go now. Till then, so long Cekmi. May you find a better Nokia soon.

And may I rest in peace. Ameen.

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 11:39 AM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter