Monday, May 28, 2007
Kampar, Jimi & Cekmi
“Can I just pop up to your house for two days? Just wanna spend some time with you – chitchat, watch great movies, or to the very least, just share the silence,” I texted Jimi recently. When I finally went there, Jimi and I did exactly what I had in mind. Chitchat. Movies. Silence.

But, Jimi has a lot more in store for me. He surprises me in many delightful ways. Because he is the 7-eleven of entertainment paraphernalia.



Jimi: The Guru of Life

1. Movie Guardian

I always desire to watch those astounding movies thoroughly reviewed by Jimi in his blog. His collections are utterly amazing. Sitting excitedly in his bedroom, I will be honoured and thrilled to select some of the great movies and watch them consecutively. While I am watching the movies attentively and struggling to understand them, Jimi is again absorbing the details of the movies as if it was the first time that he watched them. His appreciation of the philosophy of movies always awes me. I wish I could interpret, learn and be inspired by the movies as saintly as Jimi could.

2. God of Retro

Getting a royal access to his godly collections of music, from the 1980s up to the nines, makes me one of the luckiest men on earth. You won’t believe me until you experience it with your own senses what he’s got in store. I don’t even know that those songs ever exist. After getting hundreds of free songs of all times, what else do I need to heal my soul? And listening to these songs in Jimi’s car is one way to appreciate the moments of togetherness. Ah, I am on the cloud nine.

3. Books! Books! Books!

Jimi is an avid reader, just like me. We would go to a calm place – waterfall, beaches, etc, - and read our own books silently. We don’t need to talk much to understand that we both enjoy each others’ company, even in deepest silence! In any moment, we could be drowning into deepest imagination and intelligence. Don’t be scared readers. We are still humans. Freak humans. Ha ha.

And with all these in mind, I had accumulated tones of everlasting and fond memories of Kampar, the very place where Jimi and his dearest family reside. The truth is, ever since Jimi and I found our separate ways after graduation, I have been to his house regularly that I have lost count already. And my friends would not stop teasing me on my exclusive choice of vacation. They are usually very curious about my personal retreat.

“Why did you spend your holidays in Kampar? You should go back to Pasir Mas, your own hometown!”
“Come on Cekmi, Kampar is nothing. No disco. No life. KL is more fun!”
“Were you having an affair in Kampar?”
“Kampar? Why on earth, Cekmi?”

Yes, why Kampar?

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 2:16 PM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter