Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Not Bad.
SEMESTER 1

Mr. Know-All said: “Be very strict toward students.”

Okay.

So I began to publicly ask
about my students’ mischievous acts
Thinking that I would discipline
these so-called lack-of-attention students
That I could show my care and steadfastness

Faiz was late
“Why are you late Faiz?”
“Er, overslept lah Sir.”
Few questions followed
I was annoyed

Siti Yusnaniza was absent the day before
“Siti Yusnaniza?”
“Yes!”
“Where were you yesterday?”
“Er, balik kampong lah Sir.”
Few questions followed
I was irritated

They were both miserably unhappy
“Strict sangatlah Sir ni…”

Hah!

I was an old-fashioned teacher
painfully acting like an old sick grandfather

At the end of the semester
They were finally barred
from sitting for final examination
I just had to do my dirty job
I felt numb

Very bad.

SEMESTER 2

Mrs. Know-All said: “Be more student-oriented.”

Fine.

So I began to publicly disregard
my students’ not-so-well-behaved acts
Thinking that these so-called matured students
could discipline themselves
That I could show my trust and easygoingness

Irwan was more fashionably late
I just continued my teaching
No questions asked
I was not annoyed

Fariza was more trendily absent the day before
“Fariza?”
“Yes!”
I just put a zero in her attendance
No questions asked
I was not irritated

They were both gleefully happy
“Sir ni lenient lah…”

Hah!

I was a modern teacher
merrily acting like a brainless clown

Not bad.

At the end of the semester
They were inevitably barred
from sitting for final examination
I just had to do my dirtier job
I felt number

Later
When I asked Irwan and Fariza
about their not-so-good-looking attendance
They both answered: “Sir tak pernah tanya pun!”

Not bad. But very bad.

What would The Know-Alls say in SEMESTER 3?

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 4:03 PM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter