Monday, August 28, 2006
Cekmi, The Director

Creative Lab: one of the best companies in BC Fair


Last week was a memorable week for me since I was made responsible for the biggest extra-curricular event ever conducted by my department – Business Communication Fair or the famous BC Fair (truthfully, I coined it so after coming back from PC Fair two weeks ago).

When I was appointed as a Director for the so-called BC Fair last month, I had no idea how I was going to direct it. I was not sure whether I could make this event a fair, a sure-heboh type of carnival. The ‘best’ part was that I had no secretariat. So, it was a one-man show with no clear-cut communication and organization. Ironically, it was the event for business communication students where communication and organization are highly crucial. What a good cheater, opps, teacher.

So when it finally started last Monday in the College Great Hall, I was worried, thinking that the students’ booths would be customerless, that the event would be doomed to a total fiasco. However, everything went so crazily well beyond my expectation. So many visitors unexpectedly came that it made wonder where the hell they came from. It was really a sure-letop fair. It was like a 1976-Corona car suddenly turned into 2006-Honda Jazz car. Expect the unexpected, people say, but this unexpected turnout was so good it made me perplexed and intoxicated. The students made it all happen and happening. It was crazy. It was like a wild party.

Students' booths: soooooo Islamically presentable

Listening to Chairman: soooooo boring lawyer-like


What’s more, it got the attention from the Chairman of the College that an extra-ordinary gathering was held during the fair. He was deeply excited about BC Fair that he himself requested this gathering so that he could share some of his entrepreneurial experiences with the students. The gathering went incredibly well. Students proudly wore their corporate attire, listening attentively to Chairman’s inspiring words. What an accomplishment!

I was still damn thrilled with BC Fair that, during my speech in a closing ceremony, I was over reactive, saying all those flattering things about business communication students that made them wild into cheers. It was indeed true. I had never been so proud of them. Each one of them had made the BC Fair a huge success. I will definitely direct again in the future, and this time it will be held in KL Convention Centre (so ambitious Cekmi)

Bravo Mr. Director!

Cekmi with ex-Royal Stationery staffs: So happy ek?

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 10:39 AM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter