Monday, October 30, 2006
My New Ummi

Alhamdulillah.

The wedding ceremony went so unbelievably successfully. All my brothers and sisters were there, lightheartedly welcoming our new Ummi. Finally, all of us were fully supportive and, for the first time, buying a wedding present together for the bridegroom, our beloved Ayah. It was overwhelming. We were so over-excited preparing for sambut menantu ceremony (well, in our case, it should be renamed to sambut ibu ceremony).

The foods were marvelous. The invitees were smiling cheerfully. It was heartwarmingly bizarre.

The akad nikah was done so smoothly with only one lafaz (wah, my Ayah was so well-versed).

But most surprisingly, my new Ummi. The first time I saw her, she reminded me of my late ma.

The similar soft smile.
The similar square face.
The similar soothing eyes.
The similar motherly gesture.

Pandai ayah kau pilih,” said a lot of my relatives.

It is true. I like my new Ummi.

May their marriage lasts for a lifetime.

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 12:43 PM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter