Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Friday Freak
It was Friday again. All lecturers were happily compelled to carry out this noble duty again. So, I had to do it again. Every Friday.

Usrah, again.

Okay students, the module topic for today’s usrah is smoking. Do you know what smoking is? Correct. Clever. What? Marlboro? Okay. Whatever. Come on, don’t tell me that you have no idea at all about smoking-related issues. Everybody knows it, kan? Smoking is prohibited in the college. Yes. It harms you. Yes. It kills you. Yes. It is haram. Yes. Bla bla bla.

Enough.

I am not going to keep doing this conventional usrah-ly type of discussion. Let me get you engaged into more lively kinetic activities. You like it? Now, imagine that our college is going to conduct a Stop-Smoking Campaign. And all of you here are the organizers. Okay, I will divide you into a few groups. And your group tasks are, number 1, to draw a giant Stop-Smoking poster and, number 2, to compose a jingle. Interesting, isn’t it? Hah? You don’t know what a jingle is? Ala, like that one on ntv7 – “I feel gooooood”. Ehem, did I sing well? Understood?

“Er… Sir… can we… sing?”
“Of course you can, dahling. It is only a mini song. No music. It is halal okay.”

Are you ready, people of the jungle? Okay, Do it now. Yes, NOOOOOW!


Yes, like that lah dear.


Very good. Keep doing it.


What smile smile? Have you composed a jingle? Good.


Okay, let me invite each group to present their posters to the whole class.

Yes, welcome to the Death Club dude…

MasyaAllah. Mamnu’ Al-Tadkhin

Gosh! Cigatte? Who’s your English lecturer?

It is the way to Hell. Yes, Hell You, not Hell Me.

Is that a lipstick sticking to that heart?

I like this one. Don’t you get it?


Thanks people for your excellent cooperation. I love all of your posters here. Creative. Give yourselves the biggest round of applause. Yes, like that. All right, I hope you guys have enjoyed my class, opss I mean, usrah. I’ll see you again next week. Deal? Same time, same place, same lecturer. Stay tuned okay.

Oh, here is the most creative group. Congratulations. Happy weekend.


Post-script: I thought I had given my best for my usrah session. However, the honorable Usrah Manager might be a little uncomfortable with what I had just done. But knowing my style, she just had to accept it.

I am an English, yes, English lecturer.

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 3:16 PM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter