Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Naughty Children

Look at them.

Crazy.

They only gave me a very short notice, telling me that they would have a raya visit to my house, not 2 of them, nor 3, but 18 students! Whoa, somebody had to sit on the toilet bowl. How can my humble little hut accommodate such a big number of aggressive people? I felt like saying NO, but thinking of the possible fun, and that this was the very first time my own students coming over to my house (and unashamedly without any official invitation), I excused myself and accepted their plan for a Cekmi’s forced open house.

“Bring me your own glass and I will serve you plain water!” I jokingly told them over the phone, pretending to be angry.
“Don’t worry Sir, tak payah susah-susah, kitorang nak jalan rumah Sir je,” said Akimi, the head of the wild heads. You are so right, Akimi.

So I got only a few hours’ hectic preparation, tidying up my house, hiding all the not-to-be-seen stuffs, rearranging all the furniture, and asking help from a friend to cook something. At the end, here we are –


Thanks a zillion to my handsome newscaster-to-be chef who was so patient with me. Of course, it was unbelievably yummy. But too bad, it was only half-eaten, since those students were so busy cheering and shouting that their stomachs were full of not-so-nutritious laughter.

Oh, the group was late. Very. You know that I am very particular about this, right? But, it was fine, since this was a party. By the way, people may fashionably come late to a party. Indeed. They were almost 2 hours fashionably late! They arrived around 11pm, at night! Luckily I am still a happy-go-lucky single, so I could still tolerate surprise guests during mating hours.

Oh my God! They were totally uncontrollable. They were mad. The most happening noise made me bewildered with confusing excitement and exhilaration. The big group couldn’t stop laughing and talking simultaneously. Mess, pandemonium, loose-my-button aura was on the air. I couldn’t stop smiling. It was certainly not as grand as the so-called “Grand” business communication dinner, but at least, the mission was somehow accomplished. I was so happy and satisfied. That was all it mattered. And it all happened too fast. One happy hour.

And there were a variety of amusing ooohs and aaahs. Here are some of their intelligent says:

“Ooo, Cekmi suka merah, ek?
“Aaaa, I like the toilet most. So vibrant!”
“Whoa, the bedroom was so cozy.”
“Hmmm, I admire those curtains!”
“Wow, banyaknya baju..
“Er, can we stay here during our practical?”

They are my naughty children.


Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 6:33 PM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter