Monday, January 15, 2007
Let Me Compaire & Contrust!

“Making errors while learning English is okay, as long as you learn from your errors.”

That is what I shall tell my students when they regularly make, what they call as, stupid mistakes when speaking or writing in English. It is okay students, I will kindly comfort and motivate them. Errors are inevitably natural. Second language learners are bound to commit many “irresistible” errors. Besides, I constantly remind them with this so-called Cekmi’s happy-learning philosophy: “Don’t be embarrassed, students. Enjoy your errors. Make jokes with them. Laugh at them. Come on, it won’t harm you. It is healthy. Don’t be so serious, baby. Smile. Yes. Like me now. Hmmm. Remember, laughter is the best medicine, right? Okay, except when you are asthmatic.”

Har. Har. Har.

Yes indeed. I always laugh at my students’ errors, well of course warmheartedly, not contemptuously. Their errors have never failed to be the ongoing source of fun, enjoyment and amusement for me as a language teacher. For me, this is one of the “blessings” being a never-get-angry academician – to laugh. Of course, they do entertain me and always put a big gentle smile on my already-cute face, especially when I mark their essays. Usually, people around me will show their are-you-crazy looks when they see me chuckling alone while marking students’ essays.


To illustrate, take a friendly look at these spelling errors in their essay writing, and be ready to be intellectually marveled by their feel-good ridiculousness and eye-catching creativity.

You can guest who the guess is.
You look familir.
I like that restourant.
He is my freind.
They put too much mayonist.
I don’t like that arrangment.
I like riding a bysickle.
The children were tourched.
They are very famouse.
KFC has its own masscord.
They advitise it on TV.
The submittion of our assingment is today.
Sunddenly, I heard a cry.
The wheather changes everyday.
It is becouse of him.
You must be carefull, exspecially on road.
I fell sleeppy.
I want to by that henfon.
They want to atrack children.
I want to prepair for exam.
This is the conclution.
I recomand this food.
The food is very cheep.
They appretiate their customers.
There are tree causes of smoking.
Goverment should take some percaution.
The car goes trought the tunnel.
Students like to realize tenssion.
I saw you went I when to KL.
The traffic light dit not opporate.
Your corporation is highly epriciated.
It happend asspecially on road.
I leave in Gombak.
The bodi is not stabil.
I was thingking of that girl.
It was very dengeres.
I want to compaire and construst two celebrities.
The road is craudate.
It was flood sesson.
I like chiken.
This is the verhical.
There are varius types of cars.
You must cheak you car.
Last but not list, road system.
We always selebrate our anibesary.
Nice to meat you.
I don’t no.
I am week in grammer.
You must imporve your Inglish.

Did I hear someone laughing?

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 4:51 PM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter