Monday, March 13, 2006
They Are Laughing
Are you familiar with the above symbol?
A star? No.

If you are not sure, let me show you this image for a clue.

Got it? Can you see the resemblance?

Yes, correct. It is a famously damned Zionist image on the flag of Israel, isn’t it? The overlapping triangles represent Stars of David - the two eyes (you can find one of these eyes in US note), and the six angels are the significant association with Jewish community. So, why am I telling this? Don’t worry, I am not promoting anything Jewish here. It is just that I have found the above image somewhere familiar, not in my students’ grammar book, not on TV3, not in ringgit note, but at a familiar building near to my place. Care to guess where it is? Let me give you a clue (let’s play teka-teki).


okay lah, bigger.

My college? No.
A bungalow? No.

Okay now, bigger.

Library? No.
Shop house? No.

Okay, ready for the truth?

Surprised? Yes, it is a mosque – Masjid Saidina Hamzah – the very mosque I went to perform Jumaat prayer last Friday, which is very near to my college. More surprisingly, these Jewish images are everywhere in the mosque, even at the top of it where a bilal’s voice is calling for prayer.

I don’t know what is happening here. It could be coincidence, a mere innocent design and structure of the building which is harmless and proves nothing. But, being a skeptical cekmi, I can’t resist the thought of a conspiracy theory – there might be a hidden agenda and propaganda behind all this. Some culprit architects mush have conspired this clever plan by changing the design secretly into something subtle, which is hardly noticeable by our fellow muslims.

As a matter of fact, I have noticed the existence of these images long time ago, not only at this particular mosque, but also at many other mosques around Malaysia (don’t be surprised if you stumble into Zionist symbols smartly printed on our sejadah). I even spotted them at a humble mosque very near to my house in Kelantan! My own cousin even decided to construct the grand fence, with hidden Jewish symbols of course, around his new luxurious house in Paloh Rawa. When I was at his house during Hari Raya last year, I tried to reveal this fact.

Abang Ji, do you know that this is a Zionist symbol?” I said cozily, trying not to offend him.
Ye ke?”
“Try to look at it closely.”
“Hmmmm…”
Looking at his expression, I was optimistic that he would change the design soon.
Then, he said, “Ala cekmi, it is only a design lah.”

I am not sure about you, but I found this whole thing quite disturbing. I might overreact over nothing, which is not even an issue. But, does red rose symbolize love? Does tudung or kopiah represent someone’s religiousness? (Okay lah, don’t judge the book by its cover kan?). But again, should they consider a more Islamic symbol: may I suggest two overlapping squares with 8 angles, instead of 6 angles (angels?)?

Like this?

That is the supposedly Islamic symbol, which can be easily found everywhere in International Islamic University Malaysia, even in its logo (my college also adapts the same symbol, thank God!).

When I went swimming at IIUM’s olympic-sized pool yesterday, I found this adapted symbol all over the place. Alhamdullilah.

Until it is renovated, Masjid Saiyidina Hamzah might as well be called – a Jewish mosque! (and they are laughing).

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 5:32 PM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter