Monday, June 11, 2007
Comedy of Stupidity - Revisited
I wrote this story two years ago. Reading it again makes me look even stupider.

____________________________________________

My car broke down last week. That was the first time in two years. It happened when I was in a hurry to the college in the morning, when I realized that I was a stupid driver who knew nothing about a car, not wanting to learn more about the “soul” of a car, stupidly waiting for the bad moment to come and panickedly react. Well, I am always that way.

So, I ended investing my money to ever sucking taxi drivers for two days to my workplace, which cost me nearly RM60. Too much for a stupid error. But, my stupidity worsened when I wanted to send my car for repair. I just didn’t know how. Did my car need to be towed? Whom to call? What to do? Where to send? A lot of ignorant questions which could have been avoided had I been more equipped with proper knowledge and a little intelligence. So I sought assistance from my friend.

“How do I send my car to a mechanic?”
“Just call Sahabat EON lah and they tow your car for free,” said my friend with a look of boredom on his face. I was thinking: Sahabat EON?
“Errr… I don’t think I am one of their sahabats.”
“What insurance do you have?”
I was hesitant and answered unconfidently, “Kurnia Insurans.”
“Then call them!”
“Errrr…ok.”
“Look.. like this lah. I heard Kurnia Insurans is not good. Why don’t you just call EON and ask them to tow your car. I think they can accept instant membership.”
“Mmmm… okay, I’ll do that.”

So, I surfed through the Internet, got their number and called. Sadly, the response was unexpectedly disappointing.

“Sorry sir, we cannot do that, and there’s no such thing as instant membership,” explained the serious operator.
“Why?”
“You have to fill up a form first, only then we can tow your car for free.”
“Can I get it done today?”
“No, it takes three weeks.”

Mama mia.

Disappointed, I hung up. And I just realized that there was one more obstacle: my car was registered using my sister’s name. So, I thought (thought!) I could not use my name and had to go through other troublesome processes to get my sister’s details in order to fill up a form. So, I was considering a quick action: just call any mechanics on earth! So they came to my apartment, checked my car, and found out there was a problem with a relay of the fuel pump (whatsoever!). Luckily, my car needed not to be towed. The cost: RM185.

I was so relieved my car was then startable. On the following day, I was walking toward my car when I realized that there was a strange sticker at the back of my car. It stated:

SAHABAT EON
Toll Free : 1-800-188-999


p.s. Moral of the story – Jangan Tak Pandang Belakang (Look at your back).

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 3:36 PM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter