Wednesday, March 22, 2006
My Beautiful Classes
This semester has been extra special for me. First, it is my last semester as a master’s degree student. In a matter of days, there will be no more classes to attend, no more difficult lectures to listen to, no more happy pressures for examinations, no more mind-boggling assignments to submit, no more student’s crazy datelines, no more campus life, no more nerve-cracking triple lives. There is only one thing left – my thesis writing, which I am independently undertaking so ‘passionately’. I am hoping that I can complete the research work by August this year, if and only I can create a miracle and transform myself into a wonder man.

Secondly, as a lecturer, this is my first time teaching Business Communication. It has been such a rewarding and satisfying experience, despite my being so amateurish and inexperienced. My students have been so surprisingly enthusiastic, co-operative and diligent. Most importantly, we definitely had a lot fun.

Besides Business Communication, I am also teaching the other two language-proficiency classes. One, Diploma Level 4 which consists of only 9 female students. Despite the small of number of students and all-girl class, these pretty ladies have been very mysteriously passive, which perplexes me most of the time. I wonder whether I am too serious that puts some gaps between us, or I am too friendly that makes them too shy to approach me, afraid that I will take it as boyfriend-girlfriend thingy, which I will certainly not condone to (or even perhaps there are no boys in the classroom to tease, challenge and motivate them!). I thought I had tried most of the teaching techniques to bring out the precious gold in their mouthes, but it was somewhat a failure. Nevertheless, I like their company since I can concentrate on them more compared to other big classes. Only there is something missing which I am always curious of knowing. Second, my Diploma English 3, which consists of 44 students. The large number of students makes me a little uneasy, and at times, losing some control over their excessive behaviour. It indeed tests my patience. But, I surely enjoyed teaching them. Undoubtedly.

The third class is Section 4 of Business Communication. I love these people, but the gigantic number of students in this section makes me disorientated all the time. Monitoring 45 students is not that easy to handle, especially when the coursework marks account for 60% of overall grade. However, they are so hardworking who happily managed to bear with my ever demanding tasks – all those business letters, memos, reports, interviews, mock meetings and power point presentations. Congratulations to the CEOs and Presidents of each company – Wedding Paradise Sdn. Bhd., Lane Line Transportation Sdn. Bhd., Teratai Crystal Corporation and Songket Mas Travel & Tour. You guys have done a splendid job! I am truly impressed.

Finally, and thank God, there is a class which I am always comfortable with. It is not that I am being biased, but, as a normal human being, I cannot help feeling this way. Some things just attract our attention than others. The class that I am referring to is Business Communication Section 6. This is my most happening class this semester. They are the last bunch of students I meet after having been through the previous ‘tough’ three consecutive classes. There are 20 of them, which is ideal for teaching and learning. I don’t know, these people always make me smile, warm my heart, and release the tension I usually have during hectic morning classes. This class really brings out the best in me. I adore them. To Rose Wedding Paradise Sdn. Bhd. and Royal Supplies Enterprise – you really make me proud. Thanks people, for bringing all the joy and laughter throughout the classes. It proves that a lecturer can be a good friend too. (Tips for new students: next semester, don’t register for a class with a big number of students because, in normal circumstances, students as well as the lecturers have some difficulties to perform to their fullest capacity in a big class).

To all my dear students, I apologize for all my wrongdoings. I wish you all the best for your upcoming Final Examination (and wish me luck for my papers too!). You have been such wonderful buddies to me. Indeed, I have touched your lives, and you have touched mine.

Shy girls: Diploma English 4

Rose Wedding Paradise Sdn. Bhd.

Royal Supplies Enterprise

Wedding Paradise Sdn. Bhd.

Lane Line Transportation Sdn. Bhd.


Teratai Crystal Corporation

Songket Mas Travel & Tour

Most Happening Class!

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 1:08 PM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter