Thursday, March 16, 2006
Trained To Be Trained
I love training.

Early last month, when I was told that I was going to attend a training on Communication and Interpersonal Skills at Sheraton Subang Hotel, I was so thrilled that I quickly postponed all the classes on 14 and 15 February. Stupid cekmi, only later that he realized the training was supposed to be on 14 and 15 March. Hah!

Out of extreme excitement, I could not wait to attend this training (or any other trainings, it doesn’t matter). For some people, going to training could mean that the employers are dissatisfied with their poor performance and hope they will miraculously change within a day or two after the ‘brainwashing’ sessions conducted by tip-top trainers. Yes, to certain extent, it might as well apply to my current situation. What’s more, the two-day training that I have just attended did prove a lot more than being able to please an unhappy boss. It has also convinced me that it was worth postponing and having to replace all my classes this Saturday. These are the top 5 reasons.

5. Johor Room

Conducted in a small suite, with almost-complete facilities, with only 5 trainees, it was a perfect spot for a luxurious getaway. This effectively made possible for positive small-group quarrels and fights among the trainees. More importantly, with closer eye contact, I managed to get all the attention of my pretty trainer.

4. The Trainer

Jessica, our trainer, was unbelievable. She was a splendid talker, ‘actress’ and entertainer who knew how to amuse her audience with all those intelligent ‘nonsense’ – her passion in marine life and her political ramblings over Samy Vellu. True, she was indeed superb. Looking at her energetic and fun character, one could easily be deceived with her appearance – she is 41, but she speaks like a genius 17 year-old girl.

All loud-mouthed trainees with Jessica (the cutest one tu…)


3. Time-out

Funny, all the participants were my colleagues from the same department, except Anna, an Indian girl from a computer company. So, you can imagine the hilarity and loudness we had messed up during the whole training session. To be honest, we were actually taking the time out, by doing some funny things we couldn’t possibly do in the office. We were like kids in disguise. Teaching the same course – Business Communication – we were more than eager to merrily ‘show off’ our skills. Poor Anna, she could have been intimidated by our extreme laughter and jokes, but she really could make a good friend.

Anna & The King


2. A Bitter Truth to Digest

On a serious note, training is supposedly a good ground for us to improvise ourselves. Having done so many group activities on interpersonal skills, I learnt one important thing about myself – I am a bad listener. When I was asked to repeat 10 things said to me, I managed to repeat only 3 things. So poor in listening, I self-rated myself at 3 out 5 points. Okay, I admitted that I hardly listen to people these days. So, I must improve on my listening skills, so that I will be a good manager, successful in life, live to the fullest, bla bla bla.

1. The Food

Yes! Here comes the most prominent feature of a good training session – foods. So marvelous and exquisite, the vast array of buffet served in the 5-star hotel was indescribably intoxicating that my dieting seemed out of fashion. Well, it is not everyday that these financially-deprived people had the chance to enjoy this hotel extravagance. At the end of the day, everybody had a jolly stomach. So full, I felt like a spoilt happy fool. After all, training is all about good foods, isn’t it?

So send proposals to your bosses and go training. Be trained. You’ll love it.

Grand Certificate-giving Ceremony (yo yo…)

happy cekmi (until terduduk)

Labels:

mused by cekmi @ 1:29 PM  
cekmi's world

Meet cekmi – a confused Kelantanese man who is continuously amused by his blurry budu past and his modern chopstick life. As he moves further up towards his worldly pursuit, he moves even closer down to his original state of buduness. These are his budu tales.
cekmi's ramblings
cekmi's treasures
cekmi's jewels
cekmi's team

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counter